Cardiovascular Awards and Accreditations
With more than 20 years of cardiovascular care, our new 40,000-square-foot Strickland Heart Center will allow us to deliver even more award-winning cardiac services to our community, like open heart surgery and our percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) program.
Here are just a few of the awards and accreditations Gwinnett Medical Center has achieved for our efforts in cardiovascular care:
- In the late '90s, our Cardiology Department became an accredited vascular laboratory in the area of arterial and peripheral venous testing.
- In January of 2005, we became the second hospital in Georgia to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society for Chest Pain Centers.
- Recognized by Blue Cross/Blue Shield in March of 2005 as a best-practicing hospital in the care of heart failure patients.
- Our Cardiac Wellness Program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- We received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR® ACTION Registry®–GWTGTM Gold Performance Achievement Award. This award recognizes our commitment to and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients, and signifies that we have reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
- Gwinnett Medical Center consistently followed the treatment guidelines in ACTION Registry–GWTG for eight consecutive quarters and met a performance standard of 85% for specific performance measures to receive this 2011 award.
- ACTION Registry–GWTG is a partnership between the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the American Heart Association, with partnering support from the American College of Emergency Physicians, Society of Chest Pain Centers and the Society of Hospital Medicine. For more information about ACTION Registry–GWTG, visit www.ncdr.com/action.
Find a cardiologist now, or call 678-312-5000 for a physician referral.